Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spoke too soon...

Looks like I spoke a little too soon in my last post. Early Tuesday afternoon, I started having slight pain in my lower pelvic area, which I've had before so this wasn't a new pain. It's usually pretty mild and subsides within a day so I figured it would be the same this time. Well, throughout the rest of the afternoon, the pain got gradually worse. Jason ran me up to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions and by the time we returned home, the pain had gotten much worse, to the point where it was actually sharp, shooting pain. I couldn't get comfortable and even laying completely still, I still had pain. I checked my temperature and it was 99.7, which is high for me. By this point, it was about 9PM and I really didn't know what to do - but I really didn't want to go to the ER. The only thing I could think of was to page the urologist on call at UAB, thinking maybe the stent was causing the pain. The doctor called back pretty quick (a different urologist than my usual one) and I told him what was going on. He said based on the symptoms I told him, he didn't see any need for me to go to the ER. He said to obviously keep an eye on everything, but if I could wait until morning and then see if the pain had subsided or fever came down he didn't see any reason to go to the ER.

Wednesday morning (yesterday) I woke up feeling much better. My fever was gone and the pain was MUCH MUCH better. It was still there, but nothing like the night before. I layed around all day (which is actually not anything new for me) and took it easy. Throughout the day, the pain returned somewhat, but it was very mild. I did however have a fever yesterday evening of 99.2, but that came down within a short period. (I also had a fever of 99.2 a little while ago - I took some medicine and will check it again soon to see if it comes down). I'm not sure why I've been running a fever off and on, but I will probably call my doctor and see if it's something to really worry about.

I've been a little more tired than usual, but I think that's partly due to whatever is causing the fever. I'm resting and relying on Jason for a lot of things, but we will update everyone soon and let you know how I'm doing. Thank you all for all your prayers. We know God is in control and continue to place everything in His hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment