Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recovering still...

Well, it has been a week since my fall, but thankfully my body is recovering from that incident pretty well. My knee is still blue and purple, and the swelling has stopped. I can put most of my weight on it so it's getting stronger. And my shoulder is healing too-it's still a little sore, but much better in general.

Other than that, I seem to be doing okay. I'm still having a lot of swelling in my feet, ankles, and legs but I'm pretty sure that's just water retention. I hadn't been taking my Lasix (water pill) like I should have been, primarily from fear of becoming dehydrated. But I started taking it again these last few days so hopefully that will help with that fullness in my legs. I'm still trying to regain my strength, which seems to be the biggest struggle right now. But I'm feeling a little stronger every day so hopefully I'll start feeling more like myself soon!

I am scheduled to check up with my oncologist in Bham on Wednesday October 5, as well as my pain doctor. Until then, I plan on resting & regaining my strength. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers and we will of course keep you updated! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment