Friday, September 16, 2011

Little incident last night...

We had a little bit of an incident last night (Thursday night), but it appears everything is A-OK. As you know, I've been very worn down and simply lacking energy all week and yesterday was no exception. But I managed to rest most of the day so I didn't overdo anything. Yesterday evening, however, it somehow got the best of me... Jason came home from work and was headed back out to meet with some co-workers for about an hour or so. I was home with the dogs and went to get off the couch, which wasn't a problem. I got up off the couch just fine, but my legs must have just gave out from under me because the next thing I know, I'd fallen and almost all my body weight landed on my right kneecap. The rest happened so fast, I really can't say what happened. I scrambled to get up off the floor but I was so weak and somewhat hysterical by this point I didn't have the strength. I somehow tried, but lost my footing again and this time when I tried to stand up I instead hit my left collar-bone/shoulder on the corner of our wall. By this time, I'm just trying to get to my phone to call Jason which is on the couch. By the grace of God I find the strength to get my phone and call him-luckily he was only 3 minutes or so away. By the time he gets home, I've managed to get off the floor and onto my feet. He helped me lay back on the couch and luckily nothing appeared/felt broken or out of socket. My right knee was already swollen and all shades of blue & my left shoulder was scraped pretty good and sore, but that appeared to be it. I finally calm down and realize I'll be okay.

So, this morning everything still seems okay, thank the Lord. I'm definitely banged up and will have several nasty bruises, but nothing else appears to have been injured. I still don't know exactly what happened last night, if I may have simply blacked out for a milli-second from being so weak or just lost my footing... it all happened so fast and it mainly just scared us. But as scary as it was, it could have been a lot worse. The Lord definitely had His hand over me last night. Jason will stay home with me today to help me out & we'll see how the weekend goes regarding if he'll stay home some of next week too. For now, please continue to pray for restored energy and that these injuries don't progress. We will update everyone this weekend on my "recovery". Until then, I will take it easy and do my best to stay on my own 2 feet. Thanks again for all your pray and support. We love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment