Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Easy Check-up

I went to UAB today for a check-up with my oncologist, and as expected, it was a fairly quick and easy appointment. My blood work all looked good - white blood counts, platelets, etc were all in normal ranges. My kidney and liver functions were good also. The urologist I met with a few weeks ago (on that painful day...) did talk to her and they both agreed to wait to change the stint when problems started to arise and since everything is good as of right now, we've all agreed to monitor my lab work and kidney function before changing it. I did mention to her the experience I had with the urologist and she said she will probably not be referring any more of her patients to him in the future. There is actually a urology oncologist that is a great doctor that she will try and refer me to when they do change my stint. Out of curiosity, I asked what my Mitotane level was (they had drawn blood for it before they stopped this last treatment)and she said it was only 5.7, which is actually lower than it was the time before. So that shows that even by increasing the Mitotane dosage, it still wasn't reaching the therapeutic level. Other than that, everything checked out fine. I will plan on seeing her again in 4-5 weeks for another checkup, unless something comes up between now and then. Thanks again for all your prayers over the past several weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment