Friday, October 21, 2011

Still Declining

I was planning on updating the blog daily considering how things have been going, but I just didn't get a chance yesterday. Carrie's health is still declining. She had some coke yesterday and it didn't stay down very long. She then was able to eat very small portions of mashed potatoes and cream corn. Her strength has greatly decreased and she is no longer able to get out of bed even with assistance from me. This morning she woke around 5am and said that her mouth was very dry. I gave her a little water and it didn't stay down as long as the coke did. We called the hospice nurse and she came by around 7:30am this morning. Carrie is still taking 60 milligrams of Morphine 3 times a day and now I am giving her .5 milliliters of liquid morphine every 1 to 2 hours as she needs it for pain. The liquid absorbs quicker and gives a quicker relief to the pain. Since she is not able to get out of bed she now has a catheter. Her oxygen level dropped a little bit to the low 90s and so Hospice ordered her an oxygen machine.

As I stated in the previous post Carrie is mentally and emotionally ready to go home to be the Lord. We are just waiting on His timing. I estimate that given her current physical condition that she has a couple of days to a couple of weeks left. Again this my estimation, and I have been known to be wrong on a couple of occasions. HA HA.

I am doing as good as can be expected given the circumstances. I had planned on starting a leave of absence on Monday but actually started yesterday. Both sets of Carrie's parents are here as well as my parents. So yes I have two sets of in-laws and my parents as well, the best way to describe it is like the family from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation without the Christmas decorations. I am just kidding. I am glad that they are all here.

Please continue to pray for us and our families. The next few days are going to be tough. Thank all of you for your continuous support. We will never be able to thank everyone for all that you have done.

Jason & Carrie

3 comments:

  1. We're praying!! We love y'all. Tim, Kim and mallory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading all of your post mirror my daddy's struggles all to well. We went thru each and every thing you describe here in your blogs. I read these and am crying with all of you I am sure! God bless all of you...you are in my daily thoughts and prayers Jason. Amanda (Cooper) Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mum who was experiencing weight gain, hair loss and acne, bouts of chest and abdominal pain and several months of unrelenting headaches that no medicine could relieve, In fact, it got worse. saw various doctors they decided that the lab levels indicated nothing much at all, until we met a Doc. who did CT scan, and she was diagnosed with adrenocortical carcinoma. So after one year, A surgeon advice was to remove her tumor, along with her left kidney. she needed to see someone with extensive experience in treating adrenal gland tumors for the next phase of her treatment. Knowing she needed to get an answer once and for all, we looked up on the internet and saw someone who testified about Aryan herbal medicine which she took and she had no more symptoms since then. You can also contact him if interested at
    draryan500@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete