Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another day with Carrie

Not a whole lot to report in this post. Carrie's status has not really changed since yesterday. She had one burst of energy today and she spent most of it asking why she felt like she could get up and walk around when she knew that she shouldn't be able to. She seemed to be resting more peacefully than the last couple of days. We have not had to increase any of the morphine dosages. They seem to be enough to keep her comfortable for the time being. This was day 4 that she hasn't had anything to eat or drink. She wonders sometimes why she is still here, even though mentally she is ready to go be with the Lord. We tell her that he wants her to be here with us a little longer and we are taking advantage of every moment that we get.

Thanks to everyone that has posted your favorite stories of Carrie on the blog. I read them to Carrie tonight and each one brought a smile to her face.

As always please pray us and our family.

Jason & Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Iris here
    I have had many great moments with Carrie. My favorite memory was when we were all at Pat's house and we were playing a game on Wii. Needless to say Jimmy and I were not the best. Well it was just me I couldn't even keep my car on the track playing Mario Cart and you think someone give me a driver's license. I think that was the highlight of the night. Also, I enjoyed the many Thursday nights working with Carrie and Jared in the pharmacy. We all just gelled together so well.

    I love you guys so much and Carrie has really touched my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Carrie, Lila here, do you remember when I first started working at Walgreens? I was a pretty pitiful retail pharmacist but you pulled me through on a lot of issues and taught me a lot. I had no idea what a 2 or 3 digit person code was on which insurance, or what an SDL was. I can't think of a favorite story but I have so many great memories of you, and then the 2 of you together. I remember when you first met Jason and shortly afterwards you came to work and told me how much you were in love with him. The bridal shower at our home was so much fun, and relaxing afterwards down on the patio with your mom and Jason talking about lots of little things. I'll never forget the joy of seeing you come down the aisle when ya'll got married too. Then there was the time when you picked out Bailey as a 3 week old puppy and brought in baby pictures everyday to work to show how Bailey was growing up. Yeah, we had a lot of fun working together, thanks for all your help and teaching me the things you did. Jim and I love you so much, you are a picture of grace and courage.

    ReplyDelete