Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sorry so long to give update....

You'd think with all the spare time I've had lately would make it EASIER to keep the blog updated... wrong. So let's see - since last weekend's post, nothing too much has changed (I don't think). I did double up on my Lasix for about 3 days and that actually seemed to helped some. It drew some of the Lasix off my feet and lower ankles, and actually helped some. My upper thighs and pelvic areas still got somewhat swollen but not quite as bad . I emailed Dr. Johnson Monday morning and he said that was great news! He said from now on, weight myself in the morning and if I've gained a few lbs. I can double my Lasix every other day, or even just every other day.

So on one hand, that has improved somewhat. On the other hand, Its been a struggle (you guessed it) getting any strength back. The last few days I've had problems with a little vertigo, either my body wanting to fall backwards or forwards. I've lost some strength in my upper arms and back, making it harder to to use them to support myself (but no falls so far!!!). As a result, I've gotten a simple fold up walker to help stabilize myself and get around when needed. In addition, Alacare has given me a raised seat and bed side commode just in case I need either one to assist me.

Overall, not too much has changed. I pretty much have someone here with me at all times in case I need them. Since my scare at the ER, my breathing has been fine. I'm losing some water weight it seems. I'm still having the same bloating feeling in my abdomen/pelvic area, but I seem to be able to eat a little more, which is good.

On a side note, both of our birthdays were this past Wednesday (the 12Th) and they ended up being a really good day for both of us!! We had a really relaxing day, which is just what we needed :) Thank you for all the prayers you've sent our ways the last few days and please keep them coming - we can certainly feel their presence! We love you all and will try and do a better job keeping you updated! Oops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment