Sunday, October 23, 2011

Almost Home

Today has been better than yesterday emotionally. Even with the amount of morphine that she has in her system, she has been pretty coherent. Since yesterday afternoon, Carrie hasn't really been able to talk where you could hear unless she was talking right into your ear. This morning, my parents were sitting in the room with her when they called me back to the room. When I got there she was wide awake and moving her left arm as is she was leading a band.  My dad asked if she was leading the choir and she said yes. For about 15 -20 minutes Carrie was back to her old self, talking just as clear as she could and cracking jokes with us. After that she seemed to have lost that burst of energy. Later this afternoon the burst returned for about 10 minutes. This time though she said she was trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't. So she appears to be in limbo. Also, her uncle asked what her favorite popular song was. She said the theme from Dirty Dancing was very appropriate. Title of the song...I've Had the Time of My Life. Being the music entusiaist that I am :) I just so happened to have it on my iPod. So we played the song for her and she bobbed her head and mouthed the lyrics. Needless to say it was very touching.

So all in all it has been a good day here at the Chavers' house. We really enjoyed the few minutes when we got to have the old Carrie back even if for a short time. We know that eternity is coming.

I will let you know if anything changes.

Jason

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are having some wonderful moments in spite of all that is happening. I pray for peace and comfort as you walk through this valley. You, Carrie, and your families are loved and being prayed for.

    Love,
    Kris and Brad Street

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is with you Jason and with the family. Treasure every minute you have with each other. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and Praising....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 91:4, He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

    ReplyDelete