Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sorry for the late update :(

Not much has happened over the weekend so I apologize for the late update. After the surprisingly short ER trip I tried to rest as much as possible. My mom left Saturday morning and I stayed in bed until AU played s. Carolina (War Eagle!) At 2:30. Somehow, I must have twisted my back and pulled a muscle on my lower right back. Nothing sever, but I did get a heating pad and pretty much slept the rest of the night. I woke up Sunday feeling much better. Ill use it maybe once a day if I feel it flaring up but it seems fine for the most part.

A nurse, Gladys, came by to check on my Saturday afternoon and helped clarify a few things for us. I am actually considered a hospice patient, not home health,simply because I'm not expected to improve. That doesn't mean I won't, but the criteria they follow classifies me that way.

I've been (of course) trying to build up strength and drinking Ensure drinks so get some nutrients in me. My nurse Joey will try and see me 3 tines a week for now. And we finally heard from Dr. Johnson (oncologist here in Auburn) so I'll meet with him Thursday afternoon and hopefully get things going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment