Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pain Update

My doctor from the pain clinic called me Monday to see how my weekend went painwise. I had increased my Morphine pills as instructed (2 at bedtime, then once in the morning and once in the afternoon) and took the Oxycodone as needed for breakthrough pain. Increasing the pain meds did seem to help some over the weekend. The pain never went away, but it did seem somewhat more tolerable. After telling him all of this, he suggested increasing the Morphine once again - 2 at bedtime, 2 in the morning, and 2 in the afternoon, essentially tripling the dose. If needed, I could still take Oxy for breakthrough pain if needed. We decided to try this for a few days and see how that helped and he would check in with me again Wednesday. He said this would be better than getting admitted for pain management - that's still an option, but if we can control it enough with the pills, that's a much easier option. I did increase my pills yesterday and today and it does seem to help, although still doesnt take away the pain completely, but I really dont know that anything will. Luckily, there is no risk of metabolising the meds - this dose won't effect my liver or anything like the Lortab had a risk of.

Other than that, not much new to report. The pain doctor will check in with me tomorrow and if anything changes, I will report the latest! I know a lot of you have been diligently praying for us and we appreciate that more than we can say. We will continue to keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment