Monday, July 18, 2011

chemo continued

I started my 3rd round of treatment this past Friday June 15. I spent the week in Tennessee with my parents, which was great, and headed to UAB on friday. My counts were good enough for me to receive treatment and everything went fine. Jason's dad drove up to meet us and after treatment I had an appt with my pain doctor. It was basically just a checkup to make sure the meds he'd prescribed were working. He gave me an RX for some refills on the oxycodone and ritalin and I'm scheduled to see him in 6 weeks unless something comes up.

I returned home to auburn friday and spent the weekend recovering from treatment. It wasn't too bad of a weekend, I was just exhausted and spent a lot of it resting and taking it easy. I felt a little nauseous a few times. It was not enough to actually make me sick, but luckily I had some nausea meds left from last year that helped. My stomach has been bothering me off and on but nothing more than usual.

As long as my counts stay up I'll receive treatment this upcoming Friday June 22 and then I'll be off until august 5th, when I also get scanned again. We will update everyone if something changes or something comes up. Thanks again for your prayers!! Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment