Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Radiation DONE!!!!!!

No more radiation for me!! Today was my last treatment of radiation and I am so relieved. The radiation itself wasn't bad at all, but the daily drive was really starting to wear me down. I successfully completed all 22 treatments and as I was leaving the clinic today, the two sweet radiation nurses Fayth and Angie gave me a Relay for Life Survivor t-shirt and an actual certificate with my name on it that said I completed my radiation treatment! It was very sweet, and although I will not miss the treatments, I will miss the nurses. I do return to Alex City at the end of August, but just for a check up. The radiation is supposed to continue to work for a while so I should still see results for a while.

I also went up to UAB today to meet with my oncologist. All they did was blood work and all my numbers were good!! My white blood cell count was slightly down, but nothing to bring alarm. I just started my second round of the Sutent so she went ahead and scheduled my next CT scan for September 1. That will allow me to have 2 full rounds of Sutent to see if it's working.

And on a final note, I leave for Houston this saturday and go to MD Anderson Monday, August 2. They'll evaluate me for the Phase I Trial and see if I qualify. If the Sutent doesn't seem to be working, my oncologist wants the next plan in place so we don't lose any time for treatment. So the trial is more or less a back-up plan. We'll just keep praying that the Sutent works!! I'll update everyone next week after I meet with the doctors at MD Anderson. Thank you all for the prayers and keep them up! We're bound to get some good news soon - we're way past due!!

No comments:

Post a Comment