Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blood Pressure lowered

Well, my blood pressure has come down since this weekend. I checked it everyday and all weekend it ran about 130/105, if not slightly higher. Sunday I had a pretty bad headache, which could potentially be from the raised blood pressure. I returned to the doctor Tuesday for radiation treatment and my blood pressure had come down to 121/88!! We're not sure what might have caused it to lower itself, but it did! And yesterday (wednesday) it was 131/92. So its come down significantly. Its still not quite as low as usual so they said to keep monitoring it.

I returned to UAB yesterday for a quick appointment with my endocrinologist. Since they've started radiation and they're radiating the one working adrenal gland I have, they were concerned about further suppressing it and my endocrinologist just wanted to check in with me and see how things were going. He switched my steroid from Cortef to Prednisone, simply because I take the Cortef in the AM and afternoon and keep forgetting to take the afternoon dose, whereas the prednisone is once a day and much easier to remember.

One last thing... I talked to MD Anderson and I am going out to Houston in August to be evaluated for a clinical trial. They said I would be a good candidate so I'm headed out there to visit my dad and at the same time see if I can get on this trial! Please pray that I qualify!

No comments:

Post a Comment