Friday, June 17, 2011

Counts too low... treatment postponed

After a fun week spent with my mom in Auburn, we went up to UAB today for chemotherapy only to find out my white blood count was too low so they cancelled treatment for today. They have scheduled me to come back next friday instead for the third round. Until then, they told me to make sure I wash my hands and stuff like that and stay away from anyone sick or large crowds. I've had a pretty decent week otherwise. I'm still in a fair amount of discomfort but the pain meds seem to help somewhat if I stay on top of them. The Ritalin they prescribed seems to give me a little more energy-not enough to run a marathon, but enough to be up and about more. My blood pressure is still elevated and we cant seem to keep it down so my endocrinologist is running some additional blood tests to check hormone levels and see if something else could be contributing to it. Jason comes home from Orlando today so I'm looking forward to seeing him - he always makes me feel better :) I'm not sure if the delay in treatment today will affect my chemo schedule over the next couple of weeks, but I will email my doctor first thing next week to check. Until then, we appreciate all your prayers and will continue to keep you updated.

~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment