Friday, January 7, 2011

Almost postponed...

I was supposed to have my 8th (and last) treatment for this cycle Wednesday Jan. 5. But when my lab work came back, they discovered that my Neutrophile Absolute Count (aka ANC and has to do with my white blood count which helps fight infection) was below 1 and it has to be at least 1 in order to receive chemo. The nurse paged my doctor so see if I could receive chemo and they finally decided they would go ahead and give me the investigational drug, but would skip the other chemo since my counts were so low. In addition, they decided to give me a 3 day dose of an injection called Neupogen, which will hopefully increase my white blood count. I received the first shot Wednesday, the second one yesterday (Thursday), and the 3rd one will be given today. I'm feeling fine for the most part - just really tired and worn down, but that's probably because my counts are down. I just need to be careful not to be around anyone that's sick because I am much more susceptible to getting sick with my counts so low. I will still meet with my doctor next Wednesday Jan. 12 for the results, as well as see how my counts are. Thank you all for the prayers and we will let you know Wednesday what we find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment