Friday, November 4, 2011

One Last Post

So where do I begin? I want to say thanks to everyone for all of the prayers, thoughts and support for myself and our families over the past week and a half. I have talked to most of Carrie's family and we are still adjusting to her not physically being here.

Carrie's visitation and funeral were how Carrie would have wanted them and thanks to everyone who came by the funral home and church.

On a personal note, I want to say thank you to all of friends and family from outside of Auburn for all of the prayers, cards, phone calls, Facebook messages and visits over the past two years. To our Auburn friends and family thank you for hanging out with us, traveling with us and praying with us. Thank you to the College of Veterinary Medicine, faculty, staff and students. You have put up with me on good days, bad days and everyday in between. Thank you for letting me be off whenever I needed to be with Carrie. You all have made working at the Vet school the best job I could ask for.

If I have forgotten anyone, please forgive me. To everyone, thank you for everything. That should cover it. :)

Some have asked about my plans for the future. So here is the rundown. I plan on staying in Auburn for the time being. My job has been so good here, I can't see myself walking away and I really like the Auburn area. I am returning to work next week to try and get back to some type of normacy. My parents have been here the past week helping me with odd jobs around the house.

Please continue to pray for us during this very tough adjustment.

With that, I finish this final blog post. As Carrie would say, thank you to everyone for all that you have done for us.

Jason

3 comments:

  1. Jason, bless your heart for thanking all your friends and family ... we thank you for the privilege of being a part of your lives. You and Carrie were special together, but you are special in your own right (as was she!) ... you will continue to be lifted up, as will the rest of your families.

    We love you, and pray for peace and comfort for all of you during this difficult time.

    I can't help reminding myself that Carrie is whole again ... though we are sad she is not whole HERE, thinking of her in the arms of Jesus is all the comfort I need.

    Again, God bless you ... and do NOT hesitate to ask for anything from any of us. It's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, always remember you gave her a home, when what she needed most was stability and comfort. She gave you an example when what you needed most was strength. There are many who know three times her number of years, yet experience only a fraction of the love she knew and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just amazed.. You are a fantastic child of God! He give you a wonderful blessed life. You do not know me, and it does not really, what is really matter is that God connects us. And I will always pray for you with my whole family from the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete