Monday, March 28, 2011

A little more info...

Not much to report, but I just wanted to give a little more info about the next few upcoming weeks. We only have 2 more treatments of this cycle before I get scanned again. Treatment #3 will be this wednesday, March 30 and the last one will be the following wednesday, April 6. I will then get scanned the following Monday, April 11. Jason and I will be flying out to Texas the morning of the 11th and will be staying through Wednesday April 13, where we will meet with my doctor to get the results. If these last 4 treatments show continued growth, our understanding is I will no longer continue with this trial. We still don't have any information on the other trial they hope to involve me in, but hopefully we'll get some soon. As of right now, we are tentatively planning on returning to Auburn after the 13th for at least the 28 day "washout period" required between trials.

Also, we failed to mention after the results last time that the scan showed what appears to be a small blood clot in one of my blood vessels. If I remember correctly, I believe it was in my superior vena cava. The doctor said it was very small and doesn't appear to be causing any problems. He is, however, referring me to a hematologist there at MD Anderson to determine if they will put me on blood thinners to try and dissolve it. I will meet with that doctor tomorrow, Tuesday 3/29, and let everyone know what we find out.

We are doing pretty well overall and trying to keep our spirits up! We still aren't sure what we're going to do about this other clinical trial, but we're hoping to get some more information on it soon so we can figure everything out. In the mean time, I am REALLY looking forward to being able to spend 4 weeks at home in Auburn... there's no place like home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment